The popularity of social media has grown beyond most of our wildest dreams with no end in sight. A quick look at Digital Insights latest social media stats infographic will prove that social media continues to see growth across multiple channels. As we continue to adapt to this fundamental, undeniable shift in the way the world communicates the more we discover ways to put it to work for both our personal and professional lives. Even though I make a living at "being social," I am always blown away by the numbers each time I see them. Consider some of these most recent social media facts and figures:
- 74% of marketers believe Facebook is important for their lead generation strategy.
- 28% of Retweets on Twitter are due to inclusion of “please RT!”
- 40% of marketers use Google+, 70% desire to learn more and 67% plan to increase Google+ activities.
- 42% update their profile information regularly on LinkedIn.
- Every second 8000 users like some or other photo on Instagram.
- 4.2 billion people use mobile device to access social media sites
- Social media generates almost double the marketing leads of trade show, telemarketing, daily mail, or PPC.