The new office space of the 21st century is the on-the-go space. In fact, it is anticipated that by 2013 more people will use their mobile phones than their PC to get online. What does this mean for your business? It means your customers are going mobile —are you?
The good news is, getting your business mobile ready isn’t as hard as you think. Here are six tips to get you started:
1. Redirect: Implement a mobile site redirect so that users accessing from a mobile device will automatically be redirected to a simplified, mobile-friendly version of your site. If using WordPress to power your web site or blog, there are numerous plugins to help you accomplish this task.
2. Condense and Compress: Make sure your images are compressed for quick loading and your text condensed for easy reading.
3. Finger Clickin’ Good: Remember that people use their fingers to browse on mobile devices so create buttons are large enough to be clicked with a finger tip.
4. Local: Place your phone number and location(s) on the landing page so people don’t have to struggle to find or contact you.
5. Lose the Flash: Avoid using Flash as it doesn’t work on many mobile devices. HTML5 is the best choice for animation.
6. Link Home: Include a link for users to have the option to visit your full web site.
I also suggest visiting www.howtogomo.com, a handy Google site, that can help you get on track. You can even take a test drive of your current web site to see how it is currently performing on mobile devices and discover exactly what changes need to be made for your business to go mobile.
No related posts.